New Naira Notes: Buhari, APC Governors Disagree on Deadline
- Governments demand that new and old notes be used concurrently until the end of the year and postpone the February 10 deadline for currency swaps.
- President pleads for seven days to address the financial shortage
- No plans exist to extend the deadline for the old naira, Emfiele
- Protests in Warri, Benin, and Ibadan
- Akeredolu tells Buhari: Act quickly to avoid bad repercussions if there is a petrol shortage.
- Tell banks to send out more money agents, Osinbajo says
Adibe Emenyonu in Benin City, Deji Elumoye in Abuja, Nume Ekeghe in Lagos, Fidelis David in Akure, Sylvester Idowu in Warri, and
Eleven governors who were elected on the All Progressives Congress (APC) platform met with President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday at the State House in Abuja to discuss the ongoing cash shortage in the nation as a result of the redesign of the naira. They demanded that the new and old notes be used simultaneously until the end of this year.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN US ON TELEGRAM FOR LATEST UPDATES!